Cook Time:2 hours
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt Quinoa Chips, crumbled
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6-8 Tbsp water
Strawberry Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
Make the crust.
1. Mix flour, Quinoa Chips, sugar and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse.
2. Add butter a little at a time pulsing several times after each handful. Pulse until the butter is “cut” and the size of large peas.
3. Add 1/4 cup water and pulse again. Then add more water a tablespoon at a time pulsing once or twice in between until the mixture starts to hold together.
4. Remove the mixture from the food processor and gather into a mound. Then divide that mound into two.
5. Use your hands to knead each mound.
6. Sprinkle the dough with a little flour and then wrap each in plastic wrap and place into the fridge for one hour or up to 2 days.
Pre-bake the crust.
1. Remove one of the crust for the pie and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to make it easier to roll out.
2. Roll out the dough and place into pie dish.
3. Line the pie crust with aluminum foil and fill the crust with pie weights (dry ingredient like rice or sugar).
4. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour to 75 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and let the crust cool completely before filling.
Start the filling.
1. Prepare the strawberries. Remove tops and slice.
2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved.
4. Place in fridge until slightly cooled – about 15-20 minutes.
Finish the pie.
1. Once the pie crust is completely cooled, arrange sliced strawberries in the crust.
2. Pour the gelatin mixture over the berries.
3. Place into the fridge until set.
Try This Recipe With