Cook Time:2 hours
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt Quinoa Chips, finely crumbled
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6-8 Tbsp water
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
Make the crust.
1. Mix flour, Quinoa Chips, sugar and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse.
2. Add butter a little at a time pulsing several times after each handful. Pulse until the butter is “cut” and the size of large peas.
3. Add 1/4 cup water and pulse again. Then add more water a tablespoon at a time pulsing once or twice in between until the mixture starts to hold together.
4. Remove the mixture from the food processor and gather into a mound. Then divide that mound into two.
5. Use your hands to knead each mound.
6. Sprinkle the dough with a little flour and then wrap each in plastic wrap and place into the fridge for one hour or up to 2 days.
Pre-bake the crust.
1. Remove one of the crust for the pie and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to make it easier to roll out.
2. Roll out the dough and place into pie dish.
3. Line the pie crust with aluminum foil and fill the crust with pie weights (dry ingredient like rice or sugar).
4. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour to 75 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and let the crust cool completely before filling.
Make the filling.
1. Combine all filling ingredients except pecans.
2. Once combined, stir in pecans and pour the mixture into the pie crust.
3. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
Try This Recipe With