Cook Time:45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp butter, salted
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Pumpkin seeds - for garnish
- Parsley - for garnish
- 1 bag Sea Salt Lentil Chips
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over a medium flame then stir in the butternut squash, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
2. Cover skillet and saute ingredients for 20 – 25 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally.
3. Once the butternut squash is tender, mash with a potato masher.
4. Add the vegetable broth, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture to a food process or a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Pour the soup back into the skillet and stir in the cream.
7. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, additional pepper (if needed) and parsley and serve with Lentil Chips.
Try This Recipe With