Cook Time:45 minutes
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cups Sea Salt Quinoa Chips, plus additional whole chips for garnish
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 6 oz goat cheese
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Place squash slices on prepared pan and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to oven and cook 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, place 2 cups chips in bowl of food processor fitted with knife blade attachment and pulse until chips become small crumbs.
3. Place flour, egg and chip crumbs into three individual bowls. Divide goat cheese into 12 even pieces; roll each piece into a ball. One at a time, coat the cheese balls in flour, dip in the egg wash, then coat with chip crumbs.
4. In large high-sided skillet, heat two inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F over medium heat. Transfer cheese balls to oil and fry 1 to 2 minutes or until deep golden brown, turning frequently. Transfer cheese balls to paper-towel lined plate.
5. In large bowl, whisk together maple syrup and vinegar. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil until all olive oil is incorporated. Add spinach and toss until well combined.
6. Arrange spinach mixture on serving platter; top with apple, pomegranate arils, squash, goat cheese balls, and additional whole chips, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Lori Yates of Foxes Love Lemons and Simply 7
Try This Recipe With