Cook Time:30 minutes
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound frozen wild caught USA shrimp (21/25 count), thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- ½ an English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots (we used part of a pre-shredded bag)
- ½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced (optional, for serving)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (for serving)
- 2 cups Jalapeno Lentil Chips, crushed, plus more for serving
For the Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add shrimp. Let marinate for 10 minutes. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Discard marinade.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat. Clean and oil grill grates. Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp just turns opaque and is cooked through. Don’t overcook. Remove from grill.
3. Place shrimp, lettuce leaves from bibb lettuce head, cucumber, carrots, cilantro, scallions, jalapeno, lime wedges and crushed chips onto a large serving platter.
4. Making dipping sauce by whisking together hoisin sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
5. Assemble lettuce wraps by adding cucumber slices, carrot, shrimp, cilantro, scallions and jalapeno to lettuce leaves. Top with crushed chips. Serve with lime wedges and dipping sauce.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply 7
Try This Recipe With