Cook Time:20 min
- 2 tablespoons, oil of choice
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 bundles of greens (kale, collard greens, etc), about 5 cups, stem removed and chopped
- ½-1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 15-ounce cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 bag Sea Salt Lentil Chips, for serving
1. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until fragrant.
2. In the skillet, add the greens and 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Cover with a lid and cook until greens start to wilt. The time will vary depending on the variety of greens you choose. Chard cooks in just a few minutes while kale takes a little longer and collards take the longest. Keep an eye on them as they cook, stirring intermittently and adding more broth, if needed.
3. Once the greens are cooked, add the cooked black eyed peas. Stir and cook until heated through. Squeeze in the fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Serve warm with salt & pepper (to taste) and enjoy with a side of our Sea Salt Lentil chips!
Try This Recipe With