Serves:16 cookies Servings
Cook Time:2 hours, 20 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Simply 7 with Giada Butter Popcorn, lightly crushed
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Sea salt flakes to finish such as Maldon, if desired
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. To the bowl of an electric mixer, add butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla. Mix again on medium until fully combined. Scrape down the sides again.
4. Add the dry flour mixture into the electric mixer and mix until just incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a spatula to gently fold in the chocolate chunks and popcorn.
5. Use a cookie scoop and scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie. Sprinkle sea salt flakes on the dough if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350.
7. Bake for 11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just set and the middle still seems underdone. Cool completely on the baking sheet before moving to a plate.
Recipe and photo by Giadzy
For more delicious recipes by Giada, visit Giadzy
Try This Recipe With