Serves:6 (2 each) Servings
Cook Time:40 min
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cooked farro (or sub brown rice for GF)
- ½ cup shaved (or shredded) parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (or sub GF flour blend)
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups Organic Original Veggie Chips, crushed
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Scallion Dill Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 scallion (green part only), thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp dill, chopped
- Pinch garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
1. Preheat oven to warm.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ears of corn and boil for 5 minutes. Remove corn from pot and let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, combine eggs, scallions, cooked farro, cheese, flour,salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut corn off cobs carefully and add to egg mixture. Pour crushed chips onto a large plate.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and swirl.
5. Working quickly, using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop corn mixture into one palm. With your other hand, pick up crushed chips and press into either side of the corn mixture, forming into a patty.
6. Batter will be very sticky. Add the batter into pan. Cook fritters in batches (we fit 4 to a pan – don’t crowd them or else they won’t get crispy). Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fritters are golden brown, set and cooked through. Don’t flip onto the second side until the fritter is intact enough to flip.
7. Remove from heat and place into oven on warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
8. Serve with Scallion Dill Yogurt Sauce and lemon wedges.
9. For Scallion Dill Yogurt Sauce: combine all ingredients. Serve with Crispy Corn and Scallion Fritters.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply 7
Try This Recipe With