Cook Time:1 hour
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups cubed or shredded chicken
- 1 bag Farmhouse Cheddar Quinoa Curls, for topping
- Parsley, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
2. Add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme and salt and pepper and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the vegetables start to soften (about 10 minutes).
3. Add the flour and stir until evenly coated and lightly browned (about 2-3 minutes).
4. Add the wild rice to the saucepan and stir in the stock and water. Bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, simmer over low heat and stir until the vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes).
6. Add the chicken and stir until the wild rice is tender (10 to 15 minutes).
7. Season with salt and pepper and crumble Quinoa Curls and add on top with parsley.
Try This Recipe With