Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound large shell pasta
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3 small shallots, finely minced
- 4 cups Simply7 White Cheddar Lentil Chips, divided (2 cups finely crushed, 2 cups roughly crushed)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated (do not use store bought pre-grated, save 1/4 of the cheese for topping)
- 7 ounces gruyere cheese, freshly grated (save 1/4 of the cheese for topping)
- 3 1 1/4 lb lobsters, cooked, meat plucked and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package, until barely al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain and pour into a 9×9 baking dish and set aside.
2. In the same large pot you used to boil the pasta, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the minced shallot and sauté 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant. Add the finely crushed chips and sauté another minute. Stir in the milk slowly, constantly whisking over medium low heat until milk is steaming, but not boiling. Remove milk from heat and add garlic salt and pepper. Small handful by handful, whisk the cheese into the milk, until you have roughly ¼ of the cheese remaining (you’ll add that to the top of the dish later). Continue whisking until cheese sauce is smooth and has no clumps.
3. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta. Stir in the lobster meat. Top with remaining cheese and roughly crushed chips.
4.Place baking dish into the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and topping is lightly browned.
5. Remove from oven. Serve with a green salad tossed in a citrus or balsamic vinaigrette.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply7
Try This Recipe With White Cheddar Lentil Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!