Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
Spicy 'Breadcrumb' Topping
- 1/2 bag Simply7 Lentil Jalapeno Chips
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 jalapeno, sliced Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
- 16oz pasta (GF if needed)
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soaked overnight or bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes)
- 1, 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp salt
- Optional: 1/4 Tsp cayenne
1. Start by making your breadcrumb topping. To a food processor/high-powered blender, add ½ bag Simply7 Jalapeno Lentil Chips. Blend for ~30 seconds.
2. Heat a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and melt 2 tbsp vegan butter. Once browned, add ‘breadcrumbs’. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are fully toasted. Set aside.
3. To the same pan, melt 2 tbsp vegan butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, and jalapeno, cooking until the onions start to brown, ~5-8 minutes.
4. To a Vitamix, add cooked onion/garlic/jalapeno along with remaining ingredients. Blend on medium high for 3-5 minutes, or until sauce has reached a smooth consistency.
5. Cook pasta according to package instructions and/or until al dente. Add cooked pasta back to the large pot along with Mac & Cheese sauce. Stir to combine.
6. To a large baking dish, add Spicy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese. Sprinkle with toasted ‘breadcrumbs’ and extra sliced jalapeno. Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe and photo by The Mindful Hapa
For more delicious recipes by Casey, visit The Mindful Hapa
Try This Recipe With Jalapeno Lentil Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!