Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter, salted
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Simply7 with Giada Butter Popcorn
- 10oz bag dark chocolate melting wafers
- Cake pop sticks or mini straws
1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the mini marshmallows to the butter. Heat the mixture until the marshmallows are melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture overtop the popcorn. Mix the popcorn with a spoon (or your hands if the marshmallow mixture is cool enough) until it is distributed throughout the kernels.
4. Spray your hands with cooking spray. Scoop a palm size ball of popcorn into one of your hands. Using both hands, squish the popcorn into a ball. No need to be gentle here, you’ll need to use some muscle to form the popcorn into a rigid ball. Place popcorn ball on wax paper. Repeat with the remaining popcorn.
5. Heat the dark chocolate according to directions until it’s smooth and glossy. (Tip from Jenny: I placed into a deep microwave safe bowl and heated in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, for a total of 4 intervals.)
6. Using scissors, poke a hole in the top of each popcorn ball. Dip a cake pop stick into the dark chocolate and stick into the hole of a popcorn ball. Repeat with all balls.
7. Dip each ball ½ to ¾ of the way into the dark chocolate, tapping to shake off excess chocolate. Place ball onto wax paper and repeat with all balls. Dip each ball one more time, if desired, for a double layer of dark chocolate. Let set for about 20 minutes, until dark chocolate is set.
Recipe note from Jenny: if you make these for kiddos who don’t like dark chocolate, you can easily sub out milk or white melting chocolate. Also, if you want to jazz these up for a theme specific party, add edible sparkles, sprinkles, etc.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply7
Try This Recipe With Butter
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!