Cooking Time: 1 hr., 10 min.
- 1 small head green cabbage, quartered then cut into chunks (cabbage leaves will begin to separate, which is fine)
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, cut into chunks
- 1 lb baby gold potatoes, whole
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Simply7 Sea Salt Kale Chips, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with tin-foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Place cabbage and onion chunks on 1 baking sheet and drizzle and rub with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Place potatoes on the other baking sheet, drizzle and rub with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place baking sheets into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, tossing vegetables halfway through cooking time.
6. Remove cabbage and onion baking sheet from the oven and let potatoes roast an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove potatoes from oven and “smash” or flatten them with the bottom of a salsa or tuna can. Place cabbage and onions in a medium casserole dish.
8. Top with smashed potatoes. In a mixing bowl, whisk together chicken broth, ricotta and garlic.
9. Pour overtop potato and cabbage mixture.
10. Place casserole dish into the oven for 15 minutes.
11. Remove and top with parmesan cheese and crushed chips.
12. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
13. Remove from oven. Serve.
Recipe note: you can easily make this dish vegetarian by choosing vegetable broth over chicken broth.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply7
Try This Recipe With Sea Salt Kale Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!