Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 3 cans (4oz) fire roasted diced green chilies
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 Tsp ground cayenne
- 2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 2/1 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag Simply7 Quinoa Sea Salt Chips
- Greek yogurt and scallions (optional, for topping)
1. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt ghee over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno then sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft (about 8 minutes).
3. Add diced green chilis, cumin, onion powder, oregano, and cayenne. Stir for an additional minute.
4. Stir in chicken thighs and chicken bone broth, then bring to a simmer over medium-high. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the chicken is tender (35 minutes)
5. Shred the chicken using two forks (Tip: easier to remove it to a separate bowl, shred, then return to the pot!).
6. Stir in cauliflower rice and cook until warmed through (about 10 minutes).
7. Season to taste.
8. Divide soup into six bowls, topping each with a handful of Quinoa Sea Salt Chips, a dollop of yogurt, and sprinkle of scallions.
Recipe and photo by Alexandra Tallulah
For more delicious recipes by Alexandra, visit In My Bowl
Try This Recipe With Sea Salt Quinoa Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!