Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stem trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 4 thick slices
- 1/2 cup Italian vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 thick slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Simply7 Barbeque Quinoa Chips, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (or additional BBQ sauce)
- 4 hamburger buns (white or whole wheat)
1. Place mushrooms and onions in a plastic re-sealable bag with the vinaigrette. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean and oil the grates.
3. Place mushrooms (stem side up) and onions on the grill. Grill for 8-10 minutes and then flip mushrooms and onions.
4. Grill onions another 1-2 minutes then remove from grill.
5. Brush BBQ sauce overtop the mushrooms and grill another 8-10 minutes until tender. (Note: time will depend on thickness of mushrooms)
6. Remove from grill.
7. Place each mushroom on a bottom bun.
8. Top mushrooms with cheddar, chips and red onion slices. Drizzle with ranch dressing then cap with top bun.
9. Serve with Simply7 Barbeque Quinoa Chips.
Recipe note: you can grill the mushrooms and red onions the day before you assemble the burgers. Just reheat briefly on the stovetop or in the oven.
Recipe by Jenny Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD of My Cape Cod Kitchen and Simply7
Try This Recipe With Barbeque Quinoa Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!