Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp butter, salted
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Pumpkin seeds - for garnish
- Parsley - for garnish
- 1 bag Simply7 Lentil Sea Salt Chips
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over a medium flame then stir in the butternut squash, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
2. Cover skillet and saute ingredients for 20 – 25 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally.
3. Once the butternut squash is tender, mash with a potato masher.
4. Add the vegetable broth, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture to a food process or a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Pour the soup back into the skillet and stir in the cream.
7. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, additional pepper (if needed) and parsley and serve with Lentil Chips.
Try This Recipe With Sea Salt Lentil Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!